The Everest or the Khumbu region is justifiably the most famous of all the trekking and mountain regions. Populated by the Sherpas, the attraction of this area are the majestic mountains, the high mountain villages, charming monasteries and the congenial people. This area includes the highest mountain in the world, Everest (8,848 m.) and many peaks of altitude 8000m., such as Lhotse, Cho Oyo and Makalu.
This trek would be ideal for those with less time but seeking adventure into massive and mystical mountains that can be found nowhere else on earth but Nepal.You will be led into the magical landscape of huge and pristine glaciers, rugged and highly challenging but beautiful trails. and enter the world of the legendary Sherpas with the diverse & mysterious cultures found on these mountains.
This trek explores the breathtaking Gokyo valley which is located adjacent to the Khumbu. Gokyo is a land of high altitude lakes and glittering icy glaciers. Here, a hike to the high vantage point of Gokyo Ri (5350-m) will reward you with the views of four of the eight highest mountains on earth - all wonderfully arrayed in one panorama! From here, one can see more of Everest (8848-m) and the three other Himalayan giants - Cho Oyu (8153-m), Lhotse (8501-m) and Makalu (8463-m) and some of the great Glaciers, mainly the Ngozumpa Glacier.
Arrive in Kathmandu International Airport. Transfer to the hotel and stay overnight at hotel in Kathmandu.
City sightseeing in and around Kathmandu valley (Kathmandu, Bhaktapur & Patan).Stay overnight at hotel in Kathmandu.
Fly from Kathmandu to Lukla (2886m.) and it takes about 30 minutes. Trek from Lukla to Phakding (2640 m.) which takes approximately three hours.
Trek from Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3440 m.) which takes about five hours.
Rest at Namche Bazaar for acclimatization and excursion around the places.
Trek from Namche Bazaar to Dole (4040m.) via Khumjung it takes about six hours.
Trek from Dole to Machhermo (4150m) it takes about five hours.
Trek from Machhermo to Gokyo (4750m) which takes about four and half hours.
Rest day at Gokyo and excursion in and around Gokyo valley.
Trek/climb from Gokyo to Gokyo Ri (5483m) and trek back to Machhermo (4150m.) via. Gokyo village and it takes about four and half hours.
Trek from Machhermo (4150m.) to Namche Bazaar (3440m.) which takes about five hours.
Trek from Namche Bazaar to Lukla (2886 m.) it takes about six hours.
Fly from Lukla to Kathmandu which takes 30 minutes. You take an early morning flight back to Kathmandu.
Recreation & shopping day in Kathmandu. Stay overnight at hotel in Kathmandu.
Transfer to the Airport for final departure (Fly out from Kathmandu)
- Airport pick-up and drop off services
- A trekking guide
- Porter/s (1 porter can carry two people's luggage up to 30 kilograms)
- Entry permit for Sagarmatha National Park
- Trekkers' Information Management System(TIMS) card
- All land transportation (from hotel to airport and from airport to hotel)
- All meals 3 times a day (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Accommodation in teahouses (lodges) during the trek
- Necessary equipment such as sleeping bags, down jackets, etc.
- Rescue Assistance
- Insurance and equipment for the Nepali staff
- First Aid kit
- Flight ticket from Kathmandu to Lukla and from Lukla to Kathmandu for all articipants including Nepali staff
- Airport tax at Kathmandu domestic airport and Lukla airport
- Four nights hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on breakfast basis
- One day city sightseeing in and around Kathmandu valley with tour guide and private vehicle
- Entry fees while sightseeing in and around Kathmandu valley
- Nature of personal expenses
- Drinks, beverages, hot shower, etc.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu